United States Air Force Academy: Colorado Springs, CO (2000-2004)
- Bachelor of Science; Major in Political Science, Minor in French.
- Summer internship NATO headquarters, Brussels Belgium (2003).
- Graduated with academic distinction, top 5% of class of 2004.
- Number one Political Science major’s GPA class of 2004.
- Exchange tour at the French Air Force Academy. Salon de Provence, France.
- General Gerhart Fellowship for two years of graduate study in Paris, France.
- General Robert J. Smith award for excellence in the study of international affairs.
- Excellence in the study of international relations award.
- Graduate of French Air Force parachute training and commando training.
Middlebury College: Middlebury VT/Paris, France (2004-2006)
- Master of Arts; French civilization, culture and society.
- Attended full-time studies in Paris, France at the Sorbonne University.
- Graduate thesis: Islamic Terrorism in France: International Policy Repercussions (2006).
La Sorbonne: Paris, France (2004-2005).
- Diploma of French Language and Civilization.
- Achieved the highest level of French language proficiency available to non-native speakers.
Northwestern University: Chicago, IL (2012)
- Master of Science in journalism.
- McCormick Foundation Fellow.
Freelance Journalist (2012-present)
- Published in: Newsmax, Runner’s World, Fox News, The Chicago Journal, The Austin Weekly News, The Times of Northwest Indiana, The Active Times, and the Medill National Security Initiative. My writing has also been featured in the literary journal, “War, Literature & the Arts.”
Guest lecturer at Northwestern University (2012-2013)
- Lectured on military culture to undergraduate journalism students. Also authored a how-to guide for journalists covering the military for the Medill National Security Initiative.
Veterans Advisory Board Member, Senator Mark Kirk (2012)
- Provide input and insight to Senator Kirk on the status of veterans in Illinois.
Research Assistant, National Strategy Forum national security think-tank (2012)
- Writer on staff covering international strategy and national security.
- Author: Israel’s Counter-terrorism Experience: Preparing for the Next Generation of Threat Scenarios (2012).
Exchange Officer, U.S. Embassy Paris, France (2004-2006)
- Exchange officer at the U.S. Embassy in Paris.
- Represented and gave speeches for the U.S. Ambassador to France, in both French and English, at official functions.
- Designated representative of U.S. military for the ambassador.
Captain, Pilot, Air Force Special Operations Command: Hurlburt Field FL/Afghanistan/Iraq (2008-2011)
- 220 hours combat flight time as a U-28A mission pilot
- Air Medal with one Oak Leaf Cluster Operation Enduring Freedom (Afghanistan 2009-2010).
- Air Force Commendation Medal for actions in Afghanistan and Iraq (2008-2011).
Deputy Combat Operations Director, Joint Special Operations Air Detachment: Balad, Iraq (2010)
- Chief of the Joint Operations Command Center for Combined Joint Special Operations in the Arabian Peninsula.
- Coordinated special operations missions from three service branches, Iraqi Special Forces, Iraqi political representatives and the U.S. Combat Operations Director.
- Joint Service Achievement Medal.
U-28A Resources Officer and Combat Mission Planner: Hurlburt Field FL/Afghanistan/Iraq (2008-2011)
- Established a $2.9 million fuel budget for combat ops and managed a $476,000 budget for equipping aircrew for combat.
- Planned and executed combat operations in Afghanistan as directed by theater combat commander.
Specialized Undergraduate Pilot Training: Columbus AFB MS. (2006-2008)
- Number one flight commander ranking and number one daily ride scores class 08-06.
- Selected for T-38C Fighter/Bomber track.
- Ran a full marathon across a glacier in Antarctica to raise money for the Special Operations Warrior Foundation.
- Honored as a CNN “True Champion,” on Morning Express with Robin Meade for completion of the Antarctic Marathon:
- Swam across the Hellespont, from Europe to Asia, in 2012.
- Ironman triathlete.
- Summited Island Peak (20,305’), Nepal, 2012.
- Fluent in French.
- Set foot on all seven continents.
INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL EXPERIENCE
- Kenya, 2005.
- Tanzania, 2005.
- South Africa, 2005.
- Union Glacier Camp, 2010.
- Nepal, 1998, 2011.
- India, 2011.
- Thailand, 1998.
- Maldives, 2005.
- Afghanistan, 2009-2010.
- Iraq, 2010.
- Qatar, 2009, 2010.
- United Arab Emirates, 2005, 2009-2010.
- Turkey, 2005, 2012.
- Australia, 2005.
- New Zealand, 2010.
- Iceland, 2008.
- France, 2003-2006, 2008, 2012.
- England, 1994, 2004, 2005.
- Germany, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006.
- Spain, 2005.
- Italy, 1998, 2006, 2012.
- Monaco, 2003.
- Czech Republic, 2006.
- Poland, 2006.
- Slovenia, 2006.
- Slovakia, 2006.
- Croatia, 2006.
- Bosnia, 2006.
- Greece, 2006.
- Austria, 2006.
- Monaco, 2003.
- Netherlands, 2003, 2004, 2005.
- Luxemburg, 2006.
- Belgium, 2003, 2004, 2005.
- Switzerland, 2003, 2004, 2005.
- Mexico, 1995.
- Nicaragua, 1996.
- Costa Rica, 1997.
- Belize, 2002.
- Canada, 2004, 2006.
- Haiti, 2012.
- Chile, 2008, 2010.
- Argentina, 2008, 2010.